The following is a summary of the reason why you create, and the steps you take in running programs for your chapter.
- The value of NSBE Canada Programs depends on active participation.
- If an event doesn’t fulfill the mission, it’s not a program – it’s just an activity.
- It is strongly recommended that you delegate responsibilities within your functional zone.
- Always remember the 4 W’s: Why? , Whom? , When? , Where?
- People, Time and Money – Use your resources wisely.
- Communication – Let people know about the program.
- Plan for the post-event evaluation.
- Lack of time management will negatively affect your event.
- Complete the Programs Planning Sheet.
- Follow up with your committee’s responsibilities.
- The next step is to complete the timeline of activities.
- Have and foster a good relationship with the finance zone!
- Take leadership of programs: Be terminal with slackers. Get rid of dead weight asap.
- Document everything, especially the evaluation at the conclusion of the event.
To gain a deeper perspective on what this list entails, feel free to read the pages in this section of the site.