Key factors of planning and implementing programs
Each program must answer the 4 W’s: Why? , Whom? , When? , Where?
- Why are you doing the program?
- Whom will the program benefit?
- When will you do the program?
- Where will you do the program?
Use your resources wisely
Communication – Let people know about the program. Your PR Chair can help you.
- Internet – email, social media.
- Print – flyers, brochures, postcards, campus newspapers.
- Verbal – word of mouth, campus radio/TV.
- Electronics – LCD advertising screens on campus, text messages.
Logistics – How will it ALL get done?
The aforementioned factors can be carefully assessed by completing the PROGRAM PLANNING SHEET.
When should program activities take place?
NSBE programs should take place year round. Consider national and regional dates when planning to execute a program. For example, competitions such as the Academic Technical Bowl, which relate to regional competitions, should take place before the Fall Regional Conference.
How should a program be evaluated?
The program should be evaluated by completing the PROGRAM EVALUATION FORM. There is also a PROGRAM PARTICIPANT EVALUATION FORM that should be completed by all members in attendance. These evaluation sheets will help you to assess the effectiveness of your program and provide you with documentation for archiving purposes.